Thursday 2 April 2015

Take on a Free Spartan Race Workout in Manchester on April 19th

As on obstacle racer and endurance athlete on his way back from injury I got some great news today- My physio has effectively discharged me from his services after testing me through some bounding exercises and a single leg distance hop test which is excellent news although there were two bits of even better news than that today.

1. I'm allowed to start running again

I'm now 5 weeks since my cast came off so hadn't imagined to get the all clear to start easing into running actually until after the screws are removed later this month. Getting the all-clear felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's a little early to be nailing this weekend's local Dash of the Titan but hopefully I'll be up to taking on one of Nottingham's Park Run events soon as I progress,

2. Spartan Race are offering free workout sessions later this month

A quick view of Facebook earlier showed that Spartan Race have a number of training sessions planned in South Wales, Manchester and Scotland. Manchester is on April 19th which is great for me and I should be up for doing a little more running by that point. I won't be jumping off any 8 foot walls but there's a free T-Short on offer to particpants to show "I'm Training for a Spartan Race".

You can check out more and sign up for the Spartan Race Workout Tour 

Aroo, Aroo, Aroo. 
Dirty Muddy 30s Blog
At last years Yorkshire Spartan Race Sprint Event

No comments:

Post a Comment