Saturday 11 February 2017

Tenn Waterproof PU Cycling Overshoes Review for MTB and Road Riding

Riding through winter puts some heavy demands on kit. Normal cycling shoes are great for the summer months and generally designed to be light and airy which is a real drawback when the thermometer is reading a few degrees above zero and no matter how many pairs I opt for I still start to get numb feet.

Over the years I've worn countless different cycling overshoes but tend to find that the one thing that often tends wear out first is the zip. I've had zips damage on me within a few rides of using an overshoe so will often choose a simpler product with a velcro closure system like the Tenn waterproof PU overshoes I recently purchased for a pretty low price of £8.99 plus £1.99 postage. This is around half the price I would usually expect to pay for a mainstream manufacturers product but I thought I'd take a gamble. Tenn Outdoors have been around for a good number of years so I think they should have some knowledge and expertise.

Tenn Waterproof PU Cycling Overshoes



The PU overshoes feature Kevlar reinforced toe sections which are ideal when wearing with road shoes. Stopping and unclipping at junctions adds additional stress at the front of the feet. The Kevlar patches add a little more grip and are a nice bonus on such a budget priced cycling overshoe.

The styling is clean and incorporates a nice bit of fluorescent yellow in a subtle manner and although they won't really catch a motorists attention due to the colouring the large reflective strip down the back of the leg will really help. Something to the sides and front for extra visibility would be a nice bonus however as a budget overshoe I wouldn't expect this from the Tenn product and it doesn't score down as a result.

Fit is good. I ordered the size 10-11 in the hope the overshoes would fit over my mountain bike shoes and there is just enough stretch. I'm a European 46 in Northwave and DMT which equates to a UK 10.5 or thereabouts.

There's a tacky rubber grip strip on the inside of the ankle too to hold the Tenn overshoes in place which works well and the PU fabric allows water and mud to simply sit above the surface and bead allowing your feet to stay relatively dry and protected.

The brushed roubaix fleece lining is warmer than without the overshoes although will never be a fabric for the real depths of winter but are more than capable for spring and autumn if you feel the cold.

The Tenn Waterproof PU cycling overshoes are a good product that really outperforms their price. They're ideal for road and mtb use. If you're looking to wear over training shoes always look to go up at least 1 size

No comments:

Post a Comment